Reservoir Engineers from DGH are involved in various activities like:
- Evaluation of initial testing in a new strike/discovery of hydrocarbons.
- Evaluation of Commerciality of new discovery from reservoir point of view.
- Evaluation of initial development plans.
- Evaluation of proposal for additional development plan / mid course correction of
producing oil and gas fields.
- Review of annual work programme of PSC’s related to reservoir activities.
- Appraise/Advise Government on the adequacy of development plans, the exploitation
rates proposed and matters relating thereto.
- To review and audit concurrently the management of petroleum reservoirs by operating
companies and advise on any mid course correction required to ensure sound reservoir
management practices in line with the optimal exploitation of reserves and the conservation
of petroleum resources.
- Monitoring the performance of IOR/EOR schemes under implementation in major fields
- Framing of long term production profiles of new NELP blocks for the purpose of bid
- Other miscellaneous activities like attending initial testing of exploratory wells,
various technical and management committee meetings with the operators and the Ministry,
as DGH representative.